Winning a green card lottery and being invited to live and work in the USA are a dream come true for many. But perhaps what many people do not consider when moving to the US is the cost of living. In most renowned US cities the cost of living is out of reach for many immigrants. It then follows that before moving to the US, you should choose carefully where you want to live. This is in a bid to avoid being in shortage of cash very fast within your first few months stay in the USA.
Top American Cities in terms of average income:
The following is a list showing the top American cities in terms of average income. Such cities would be comfortable for most immigrants looking to start life in the US. They include:
· Idaho Falls, Idaho: With a population of about 57,600 the cost of living in this city is estimated to be about 12 percent below the average across the US. Residents of Idaho can have big vies on small budgets given the fact that the Teton Range in the eastern part costs about 29.2 percent less than the national average. The low cost of living in this area is attributed to affordable housing in the sense that homeowners actually reap benefits from cheap real estate prices while the renters enjoy panoramic view for much less compared to their counterparts in other cities.
· Conway, Ark: This city has a population of about 60,470 with the cost of living being at 12.1 percent below the national average, despite its close proximity to Little Rock. It is located between Arkansas River and the Conway. In this city everything is quite affordable ranging from health care to housing utilities. Statistics have it that a visit to a doctor in Conway will cost you 17 percent less, to the dentist it will cost you 23 percent less, to the optometrist will cost about 19 percent less than the national average.
· Springfield, Ill: The city has a population of about 117,076 with a living cost of about 12.3 percent below the national average. Housing costs about 39 percent lower than the national median: one can buy a good house in Springfield at a cost less than what he/she would have bought it in Chicago for. Other utility costs such as phone and electricity services fall to about 15.2 percent below the national average.
· Pueblo, Colorado: It is estimated that the cost of living in this city is about 12.9 percent lower than the national average. It has a population of about 107,577. You would spend buying a median house in Pueblo about half as much as you would have spent buying a house in other cities. The cost of buying a house in Pueblo is at 34 percent lower than at the national levels. However, the share of population living under the poverty line is at 22 percent which actually doubles that of Colorado’s poverty rate.
· Wichita Falls, Texas: This city has a population of about 103,931 with the cost of living being at 13.6 percent. The top employer for most residents in Wichita is the Sheppard Air Force Base: it is the major contributor to the regional development and economy. The income levels are relative to the city’s living expenses, and the unemployment rate is quite low.
Posted on in Online
The internet has become a world in itself. And just like the real world, this world offers an array of opportunities to make money. Be it from home, on a vacation, from office, etc. From just about anywhere the internet is a click away. So why not grab the chance of making money through this medium, where you have a cash cow knocking at your screen. Here are few simple and effective ways of how to make money online.
Blogging – Are you an aspiring writer, awaiting for an opportunity to get your stories, ideas or thoughts published? Instead of waiting to be reached, take a step, and attract readers. Begin a blog, that’s the simplest stride you will have to take to earn with doing what you enjoy. Blogging needs nothing but keenness towards writing and knowing the topic of your writing thoroughly. Once you get on the task you have develop a style that could attract your target and get you more and more number of visitors to your blog. This would ultimately get you profits by advertisers, writing reviews that are paid handsomely and also writing for promoting products online.
Buying and Selling Domains – Trading of domain names is one more way in which you would be able to earn money from the mode of internet. Also, it does not require much of your investment and time. The domains could be bought at the price at which they are registered. However, based on your negotiation skills, you can even get them cheaper. These domains are then traded at a profit. However, always research on websites that are the domain auction sites. These sites would provide an estimate of the domain names that are popular in the market. Consider using domain lists which are terminated or those that contain expired names. These names are loaded back in the existing pool of domains.
Affiliate/Reseller – If selling is your forte, than here is a chance for you to earn and opt for a career in online selling and become an affiliate / reseller. All you got to do is sign up with a company for its affiliate program and sell their products with your referral link. There are numerous online firms that have a large pool of products.
E-Tutor – Have you enjoyed teaching to your younger siblings at home, or to your friends or even your classmates? If your expertise in a subject or even a lot of them and if teaching is your passion than why not get your cash register ringing by teaching online. That is termed as E-Tuitions. Becoming an E-Tutor is no rocket science; all it demands is good teaching skills and understanding of your chosen subject. Spare few hours per week at some of the websites that offer these tutoring services.
Advertising – The space on your blog or Website can be sold for advertisements. You earn when the ads posted on your site are clicked by the visitors. The placing and sorting of your advertisements is absolutely free of cost. The profit that you would be able to make from pay-per-click advertising is related to how much traffic your website attracts. Also, other equally important factors are the click-through rate and cost per click. RSS feed and direct banner are another ways of doing the online advertising.
Online Marketing – One of the most exciting careers online is online marketing. There is a process that takes place once a website is created and optimized. SEM, that’s Search Engine Marketing is a path to a heavy cheque. All one has to do is market a website and promote them in as many ways as possible. A number of options are available such as writing press release, blog writing, promoting through social networking sites, article writing and so on. A SEM expert needs to know the ins and outs of marketing and a thorough knowledge of the internet. Once you learn this art, you will have companies paying you to work as a SEM expert for them.
Employees are important to the success of any business. Employers that realize this typically report a higher level of satisfaction from staff as well as greater productivity. Value and recognition elevates staff morale even more. That is why smart employers offer rewards and incentives for a higher quality of work and success. It allows the employee to work higher and strive to reach a goal that gives them the rewards that they desire. These employee recognition awards are a wonderful way to help improve the morale of the staff. Most employers start out thinking that little trinkets can take care of the awards. They remember school and how people would compete against one another. Some people react to this type of motivation, but most won’t care enough about that level of reward to improve their productivity.
The number one complaint from employees is typically that they lack recognition from employers. When awards and recognition is given for performance employee morale raises significantly. It’s simple to do and has a reward that not only allows an excellent solution to staff dissatisfaction, but can also increase the overall productivity of the entire business. Sales can increase and everyone is happier when they feel recognized and are headed towards a goal. Some employers offer ribbons and trophies for this type of incentive. While cute, they really offer very little more than a pat on the back and a way to brag around the water cooler. Real employee satisfaction comes from rewards that mean something. Diamond Recognition employee recognition programs are the perfect way to bring value to your employees and increase your business. Another way that employers offer rewards and incentives is through movie passes. These are good, but for most people it’s not much more than the ribbons and trophies. Still others give pens or trinkets with the business logo on the award. Typically, those items are things that are already readily available to the staff members. It is definitely nothing special to strive to win. Those employers that give those types of awards normally fail and will not see a great return for the investment of buying awards. In fact, those employers will typically lose money on the deal. Satisfaction doesn’t improve and the whole thing is pointless. Visit Diamond Recognition online and discover how they can help you.
One way to help boost those sales or any business productivity is through jewellery. Employees will really work hard when the rewards are diamond or gold rings. Those classy rewards allow the staff to have an incentive that will be proudly worn and kept for years to come. Every time they look at the jewellery, they will remember how they won that award and continue to strive for even higher goals.
When employee recognition awards are classy gifts the sales will pour in from happy workers that love where they work. The employer will see more money rolling in when they buy these classy rewards like an investment. The cost will be nothing compared to the resulting sales. Some employers even see an increase in sales and an improvement in word of mouth satisfaction so that the business becomes a place that new employees actively seek for employment. This offers the employer an even greater return on investment because the entire environment becomes competitive enough that sales can go through the roof.